Prince, it was

Prince at age 19 in 1990 on American Bandstand. I like how they don't try to hide the lip-syncing by doing fade-outs. See the unusual interview in the middle of the two songs.

Life | September 30, 2005 12:06 AM

Comments:

Check your facts.
The show was aired in 1979 or 1980, Prince was Born in June 6th 1958, so that would make him 21 or 22 at the time. Early in his career WB Records wanted market him as a bit of a boy wonder and lied about his actual age until years later.

Posted by: Michael Menichetti at October 27, 2005 1:24 PM

________________________

The date flashed on the screen is Jan. 26, 1980. Very multicult, for those days. Classic footage of a flaming "prince" prancing around in gold tights with matching gold boots; flanked by black stallions André Simon and "Daz" Dickerson. LOL

Posted by: ZOG at November 10, 2005 3:25 AM

________________________

OKAYYY so Prince Rogers Nelson was born on the 7th Of June 1958. And I have no memory of WB lying about his age. And my collection of fan mags go back to 1980.

Posted by: Monicatheprincefam69 at October 25, 2006 9:39 PM

________________________

hi.i was just wondering&hoping someone could tell me where i could buy that eposode of prince,andre cymone&dez dickerson on american bandstand,in 1980.I would like to see that show,but its so hard to find.

Posted by: nancy at January 22, 2007 1:08 PM

________________________

First, let's get it right. Prince wa sa bit of a WB's boy wonder. His first album for them was "For You". At the time of the recording 77-78, he was indeed 19 years old. Not too many so-called fans even know about this abulm or the rare recordings of him at a much younger age that were RELEASED around 1985-86. My first album I ever bought was "For You". I didn't know who Prince was. I just liked the afro he was sporting on the cover. Turned out, that I'm was destined to be a fan after all.

Posted by: andre at February 11, 2007 11:24 PM

________________________

he is still really fine

Posted by: gabriel at January 4, 2008 11:08 PM

________________________

Post:

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)

Powered by